Saturday, February 16, 2008

Good News!

I know it has been a while since I last posted on this blog, but fear not, I have been hard at work on new pieces, as well as fixing some old ones.

Now for the good news! I had a work accepted into the Alumni Show at the University of Mary Washington! The show will be in held at the University and opens to the public on March 13th. The works are all created by former Mary Wash students, myself being one of them. I have been busy repairing the sculpture that was accepted (aka, redoing almost the whole thing) because of some discoloration that happened when the tape I used was exposed to the air. I suppose that's what I get for using materials like duct tape and Ziploc bags. All complaining and finger blisters aside however, I am now at the tail end of fixing, and will be sending off the new and improved piece this Monday. If you are going to be in the area around that date, stop by the show and let me know what you think!

This is the piece that was accepted. It is made out of the seals from Ziploc Bags and packaging tape. It is called, "Swatch"

No comments: