Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Diva, that's what they called me.

By popular demand, I have decided to include a post about my life as a "rockstar". Some background;

I work for cool people, cool people who share a love of community, philanthropy, and guitar playing. So when our office was approached by some fellow members of the local business community, asking if we would like to participate in a fundraiser for "Feet First" an organization that puts shoes on disadvantaged kids, and play some rocking guitar tunes, it was no brainer. "We're in!"

Fast forward to about two weeks before the event; the office transformed from a design powerhouse, to a guitar wielding recording studio. We practiced four songs. As I am not a guitar player, I was recruited as lead singer. Haha. To any that know me, singing has never been my thing. I do it when I am alone in the car, and that is about it. The last time I got on stage and belted out a tune for an audience was probably 6th grade chorus where my little voice was drowned out by the 60 or so, other little voices. Not exactly high pressure performing. For this event however, I was going to be singing lead on three songs, with Sean and Derek singing harmony.

So we practiced, and practiced. Before long, we were sounding pretty decent. Almost like a real band, and because all great rock bands need an image, we hired a fabulous photographer/filmaker (aka Raeanne's husband John) to take a shot of the gang;



And before we knew it, it was time to perform. So without further ado, I give you "Trina and the Tramps" Enjoy!


Oh, you have to view it on the Trampoline Design blog, I didn't take the footage myself :)

Listen to the Music

You Were Meant for Me

Me and Julio

No comments: